Annual General Meeting 2012
AGM 2012 will be held Friday, June 15th from 10am until Noon.
Vancouver Number: 604-681-8564
Toll Free Dial In Number: 1-855-353-9183
Participant Pass Code: 59154 #
This page was updated 29.05.12 @ 1600
- AGM Agenda
- 1. Call to Order
- 2. Approval of Agenda
- 3. Approval for filing: minutes of the 2011 AGM
- 4. Waiver of Auditor
- 5. Approval for filing:
- i. Chair’s Report, LBFG Chair’s Report, SBFG Chair’s Report
- ii. FY11/12 Administrative Report
- iii. FY11/12 Financial Report and FY12/13 Working Budget
- 6. Verbal Report: 2012 Nominees address to membership (if desired)
- 7. Declaration of appointment of nominees; Per Section 9.07 of the Cooperative’s Rules, the following nominees will be declared elected at AGM 2012.
- 8. Recommended housekeeping changes to the Service Management Agreement
- i. At the 01.10.2010 Members Council meeting, the membership determined that participation in a Base Service as a pre-condition for voting on operational matters no longer reflected their wishes.
- Update for information: this determination has been honoured since late 2010 and Cooperative staff, working with the incoming Governance sub committee, will revise the SMA accordingly this year, for approval by the membership.
- ii. Further to item (i), the Board, in consultation with and on advice from the Governance Sub-Committee, has determined that the Approval Change Processes laid out in Appendix D of the SMA are unnecessarily and unintentionally onerous, particularly given the size and geographic composition of the membership. The Cooperative currently counts 94 organizations as members, of which nearly 70 would need to approve any change to the SMA.
- Motion: Henceforth, substantive changes to the body of the SMA and its appendices shall require a successful motion of the Board of Directors, plus, in accordance with Section 6.11 of the Cooperative’s Rules of Incorporation, a simple majority vote of a quorum of the members.
- 9. New Business
- 10. Adjournment (1200 PST)
- 11. Lunch
- 12. Reconvene at 1300 PST at Vancouver Public Library if registered for the ebook Summit (register by June 01)