The Co-op had the great pleasure of helping to organize a full-day pre-conference workshop at this year’s BC Library Conference, dedicated to the topic of “IT & Libraries.” It was a great day with lots of connections and learning. One emerging theme was that those of us in IT could help our cause (and the relationships with those we serve) by being a little more public in telling the story of what we do and why. So this is the start of trying to tell that story of IT at the Co-op, in the hope of better informing members about what we do and sharing what we do with others in the field.
This series will span over the next few days and months and cover such topics as:
- Building a Private Cloud – Ganeti & CEPH
- Disaster Recovery – Offsite but not out of mind
- Of Wikis and Service Catalogues
- Ch-Ch-Changes – Puppet to the Rescue
- Open all the way down – Open Source at the Co-op
- Networks – Connecting Us All
- Things you probably didn’t know we do (licensing auth; VoIP as a Service)
As the series unfolds, let us know if there are other topics you’d like covered.