What We Do
We support a licensing community across several provinces that offers price-point access to nearly 200 digital products, including eBooks, research databases, mobile apps and more (see “Product Suite” below). By leveraging economies of scale (our large membership), we are able to offer tremendous savings and unprecedented product access, as well as training, support, and a vibrant community of practice.
We are a member of Consortia Canada, a coalition of Canadian agencies working together to license electronic resources of national interest and relevance.
To enquire about pricing, products, and what is available in your region, please contact Tami Setala: 1.855.383.5761 ext 1015
If you are a vendor interested in presenting an offer to our members, please read information for vendors.
Information for Vendors
The BC Libraries Cooperative provides discounted licensed products to libraries in BC and Manitoba (via MLCI, the Manitoba Libraries Consortium Inc.).
- single point of contact for over 200 libraries in two provinces;
- streamlined processes for presenting new product offers, processing renewals, billing, and implementation;
- reduction and consolidation of support calls via the BC Libraries Cooperative’s support services.
I appreciate that the Co-op solicits feedback and preferences from its members. We are indeed fortunate to be a part of this consortium.
— Wendy Wright, Smithers
Member Libraries and Service Populations
Manitoba Special and Government Libraries available upon request.
- Offer discounted pricing that is less than what individual libraries would pay directly;
- Offer a one-year license term from January 1 through December 31. Mid-term joins are acceptable and pricing will be prorated. Multi-year licenses will be considered if a significant discount is offered;
- Provide pricing in Canadian dollars when possible;
- Be willing to use the BC Libraries Cooperative Model License (for public libraries) or the Consortia Canada Model License
- Comply with BC privacy legislation for public bodies (FIPPA) – cf Product Evaluation Checklist.
If you would like your product to be considered for license please complete our Vendor Product Proposal form (one form per product, please).