Join our Team!
The BC Libraries Cooperative is a Canadian, non-profit community enterprise. We are strategically focused on the delivery of shared operational infrastructure and resources for our diverse members – over 100 institutions across Canada. Simply put, we strive to improve efficiency, reduce costs and extend service delivery in libraries.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a Trainer/Help Desk Specialist to work as a member of our team. The Trainer/Help Desk Specialist will primarily participate in supporting Sitka’s shared instance of the Evergreen open ILS software.
The ideal candidate brings:
- Direct experience providing front-line technical support in a busy help desk environment
- Direct experience delivering and developing web-based and in-person training sessions and workshops
- Demonstrated ability to write technical and training documentation
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Direct experience with library workflows in circulation and cataloguing
- A desire for limited travel within Canada to provide on-site software training
- Library Technician Diploma or Master of Library and Information Science and 2-3 years of increasingly responsible related experience.
The following would be considered assets:
- Experience with the Evergreen ILS and/or other library system software
- Experience working with public, academic or government library organizations
- Project management experience will be considered an asset
- Ability to work collaboratively and positively with individuals and groups, both on site and remotely; with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities with grace and good humour
What we offer:
While the Co-op has a Vancouver, BC office, this is a virtual office opportunity for the right candidate. Most of our team work remotely, using the Vancouver office for regular or occasional face-to-face meet-ups.
- One year full-time contract, with possibility for renewal
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic team in a growing community enterprise.
Please send a cover letter outlining your experience and how it directly relates to the position requirements, as well as your resume (both in pdf format) to: office[at]bc.libraries.coop
- Deadline: Friday, April 26, 2013 at 5:00 pm PST
- We thank all applicants for their interest but only those being considered for the position will be contacted.