If the address fields in the patron’s account are greyed out, it means the patron’s address is owned by another patron. In this case, the address can only be edited in the patron account that owns the address.
- Click the link for Owned by PATRON NAME found in the address section.
- The patron account that owns the address will open and you can edit the address as needed.
- Save the patron account that owns the address. The address will be updated on all accounts that are linked to that account.
If the address is no longer shared, the linked address can be removed and a new address added.
- Uncheck the checkboxes for Mailing and Physical on the shared address.
- Click the New Address button.
- Check the checkboxes for Mailing and Physical on the new address.
- Enter the address and click Save.
- The linked address is replaced.
More information on unlinking patron accounts can be found here.
Whether or not address are linked between patrons or simply copied is determined by the value set for the library setting Patron Registration: Cloned patrons get address copy.